Busy making skittles vodka atm. This works for a day in advance but you can always leave it for 2-3 days and just don’t bother with any step after step 3 (:
What you will need:
(for quick easy way)1 70cl bottle of vodka (any kind though apparently the cheap stuff really doesn’t taste as nice) i used Vodka triple distilled from Asda £9,82
4 boxes of skittles, that’s 90 grams of both fruity & Sour Asda £1
coffee filter paper OR kitchen paper with a kitchen sieve
and a funnel or jug, anything that makes it easier to pour back into the bottles.
For containers im just using the original vodka bottle for the fruity skittles and a plain old plastic bottle for the sour ones. Some people use plastic bottles to dissolve the skittles in and then use decorative bottles for each different flavor but as this is the quick and cheap way all the colors will be mixed together, though you can easily separate them your self :)
1) Open the fruity skittles and remove all the green ones, it makes the vodka taste vile!
2) Open the sour skittles and remove all the green and orange ones, again they both make it taste a bit strange (in a bad way)
2.1) half the vodka into the plastic bottle
3) Add the fruity skittles to the glass bottle and the sour ones into the plastic one (will be a reason why later)
4)keep shaking every now and then, about a hour later the fruity skittles had already lost about 1/4 of their size and the sour ones even more so.
5) boil the kettle and pour the hot water into a cup big enough to fit the glass vodka bottle, wait a few moments and put the bottle in, this helps the skittles dissolve quicker. As the sour ones dissolve quicker you don’t need to do this step for them (hence the plastic bottle because it could melt being put in the boiling water) When the water has cooled down so it is cool enough to touch, THEN you can put the plastic bottle in, just to help them along a little.
6) leave over night (or longer if you have the time)
7) 2 hours before you will be needing the shots grab the jug, kitchen roll and sieve. sit the sieve over the jug and line with kitchen roll, as you would have noticed the skittles have left a layer of icky crap on top of the vodka, this is to strain that of(trust me it doesn’t taste very nice)
8) pour the vodka/skittles mix slowly into the jug through the sieve. repeat until all the white bits have gone. do this for both bottles.
9) Rinse both of the bottles out (or the containers if your using posh ones, or separate colors) to get rid of the white crap.
OPTION! if the vodka isn’t to taste you could always add a little fruity flavorings into the bottle (£2 for Asda) add to taste. Also 1 tea spoon of sugar also works to sweeten the vodka, shake well!
10) Pour the pure skittles/vodka mix into your containers and freeze for at least 2 hours, keep in the freezer until ready to serve over ice or with your favorite mixer :)